Monday, March 20, 2017

Sunny's Body Products March Exclusive Sampler Spring Edition


Hello loves! I have some of my favorite body products to share with you today. When Sunny asked if I would review this Spring sampler box I was ecstatic. I have been using these products (and blogged about them here) since my favorite nail blogger Very Emily (who sadly is no longer blogging *sob*) made me aware of them. I always looked forward to her beautiful review posts and tried to make mine in the best "Emily fashion" I could. My seven year old son also did his best in helping me take these photos, so a big thanks goes out to him! 




Waterlily and Fresh Mint Miracle Balm
 Top Notes:  Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lime 
Mid Notes:  Waterlily, Muguet, Carnation, Lily of the Valley 
Base Notes:  Moss, Galbanum, Musk

This scent made me feel a little like my sinuses are being cleared out. It's not unpleasant, but not the combination of scents I am usually drawn to. I'm really right in the middle of the road about it. The balm itself is very supple and I love to use it on my cuticles.



St Patrick's Jelly Soap
 Top Notes:  Sicilian Bergamot, Wild Lavender, Cool Cyclamen, Lemon, Verbena
 Mid Notes:  White Eucalyptus, Fern, Red Geranium, Iris, Violet 
Base Notes:  Cedarwood, Labdanum, Transparent Musk, Olibanum, sandalwood, ambergris

This was my first time experiencing jelly soap, and I was certainly intrigued. I just needed a tiny amount and I was able to wash my hands well with the low-foaming lather. You could use it as a body soap too, but this scent was too masculine for my tastes to use all over.



Mountain Fresh Hand Scrub 
Top notes of herbaceous green ivy, Brazilian orange, and Italian lemon;  
Middle notes of Damascenia rose, ylang ylang, and violet; 
Base notes of patchouli, cedarwood, musk, and vanilla. 

This was the second of the more masculine scents in the sampler box. I don't particularly like it, but I do like using this scrub. By the time you rinse it all off the remaining scent is pretty subtle. Plus it leaves my handles exfoliated and moisturized with the oils that last after I dry off.



Amazon Mist Body Balm
 Fragrance of fresh dew, alive with hints of flower gardens, exotic herbs, green grass, rain drops and light earthy tones.

Incredibly subtle and pleasant. It smells exactly as described. I love how portable this product is to address dry spots on the go.



French Market Triple Thick Body Cream
 Flower stall with roses, magnolia, gardenia, tuberose and iris blossom.

This is right there at my threshold of sweet floral scents, so I prefer to wear it in smaller areas. It has a thicker emoliant formula that absorbs quickly and leaves my skin very moisturized.



English Ivy Cuticle Oil
 A botanical accord of forest fern, green leaves and cut stems is blended with a soft floral bouquet at the heart of the scent. Earthy base notes of musk add softness to the fragrance.

I apply this cuticle oil at night and fall asleep literally feeling like I'm in the middle of a rose garden. It smells that good, and not at all overpowering.


(Pictured in top photo):

Citrus Blossom Lip Balm
Smells just like orange blossoms.
The scent is nice a subtle and the formula is smooth and leaves my lips very comfortable.


Green Clover and Aloe Dry Spot Healer
 Floral fruity combination of fresh citrus and jasmine petals on a woodsy, sweet musk background. 
The shea butter in this product does wonders for attacking problem dry spots. The scent is another middle of the road one for me, leaning into the cleaning product territory when first applied. It settles down into a light and subtle scent that is much more pleasant.


Hummingbird Nectar On the Go Hand Lotion
Featuring notes of golden nectar, juicy plums, red berries, grapefruit, powdery rose, ripe raspberry, and sultry gardenia with a subtle musk finish.
This hand lotion is light and absorbs quickly which makes it ideal for day use when you don't want your hands to be greasy. The scent was the most unexpected for me. It's very sweet but almost with a spiciness that reminds me of cinnamon bears. That might just be me, I can't explain it better than that, but I like it.


Ming Fern & Lavender Hand Butter
Herbal blue lavender, Italian mandarin, red ginger, earthy Indonesian patchouli, oak moss, gentle Aloe Vera, Kaffir lime and Argentina lemon leaf.
Now for my favorite product, Sunny's Hand Butter. This is the perfect night time product for my hands and I can't live without it. Lavender is a scent I love but is sadly abused in most products I've encountered. I was apprehensive about how it would be, but let me tell you that Sunny formulated this fragrance perfectly! It's so subtle and well balanced, I couldn't be more pleased.


Here's a solo shot of my nails that were inspired by the pretty floral labels. 

The March Exclusive Sampler Spring Edition box includes all ten products in this post and retails for $30. It's available now through the website

Sunny's Body Products



Overall I am really happy with the selections in this sampler. The cuticle oil and hand butter on their own make this a must have. What products do you want to get your hands on? I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!