Wednesday, September 7, 2016

31DC2016 Day 7: Greek Marble


Last night I spent hours trying to decide on a design for today's "Inspired by black and white" prompt. I had lots of vague ideas but nothing solid enough for me to get started on one. I think the reason inspiration was evading me was because I had already come up with an idea- probably about a year ago. I've been waiting to do this just for the challenge and then totally forgot. I'm so glad I finally remembered!


This isn't quite black and white, but it's close enough. For this mani I started with an ivory base color. Then I used the water spotted technique twice with two different gray polishes. I used a fast drying top coat and waited about an hour. Then I applied the greek patterned vinyl stencils on my nails (not an easy task) and painted over them with black polish. I finished it all with another layer of top coat. 


What I used:
Powder Perfect Turtledoves- ivory
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Show Steel-er- cool gray
China Glaze Recycle- warm gray
Rica Blackout
What's Up Nails  Greek Tape vinyl stencils
Seche Vite top coat


Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014 Stamped All Over
31 Day Challenge 2013 Animal Print


I'm posting this pretty late in the day again but I think it was totally worth it in this case. I am in love with this mani!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!