Monday, August 29, 2016

Colores de Carol Pre-Fall 2016 Collection


Happy Monday everyone! Today's post is a review of Colores de Carol Pre-Fall 2016 Collection. It's a small collection that is a nice transitional palette cleanser from the the bright shades of Summer. These muted shades have me wanting to slip on a pair of fuzzy socks and curl up in a cozy blanket. It may still be 98 degrees right now, but these have me dreaming of Fall..


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). The collection is made up of four shimmers with very subtle holo. The formulas are on the thinner side which I know some people really like, and still build up nicely in two coats (with the exception of Old Orchard). 

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


Morning Latte is a light taupe gray with copper shimmer and very subtle holo and sparse chameleon flakes. No surprise that this is my favorite of the collection, that copper shimmer is everything. This was two easy coats, plus top coat.



Old Orchard is a dusty lavender with a very subtle holo, blue shimmer, and sparse rainbow flakes. I love dusty shades so much and this is really lovely. I started off trying to use two thicker coats, but I think because of the flakes it started getting bubbly. It worked much better with three thin coats. Shown with top coat.



Summer Memories is a soft sky blue creme with a very subtle holo and blue shimmer. A really lovely shade of blue, I don't have one quite like it. This was two easy coats plus top coat.



Autumn Day is a medium gray with very subtle holo, blue shimmer, and rainbow flakies. I love my grays, and I love tiny details like this has. Great combo and nice formula. This was two coats, plus top coat.



Each polish retails for $11, or $40 if you buy the collection, and they are all available now at the Colores de Carol website. Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!

Colores de Carol

Are you ready for Fall yet? I already have my pre-Fall cold right now, along with the rest of my family. That's the trade off I suppose for the relief from the scorching temperatures. Let me know what you think of this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!