Sunday, August 28, 2016

Celestial Cosmetics We Breathe Fire Collection + July LE 2016 Waterlily + First, Last & Always


Hello lovelies! Today I have some stunning polishes to share with you from Australian indie brand Celestial Cosmetics. I have really liked the originality I've seen from the polishes I've tried so far, and this collection and exclusive shades are no exception. First off is the We Breathe Fire Collection, inspired by the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) by Christopher Paolini. I've heard the name Eragon before but know nothing about it, except that it's about dragons I guess. Understanding the reference isn't really requisite though in my opinion. What matters is that they're pretty, right? In addition to the six piece collection, I have two more special polishes at the end of my post. Moving right along..

Formula and application:
Celestial Cosmetics polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). Each polish is slightly different from the next so I'll be describing them one by one. All of the formulas were good and I didn't have any issues with application.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain 12ml. The brushes are flat with a medium width, a shape I really prefer. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 



 We Breathe Fire Collection 

Thorn is a "black based linear holo with rose colored flakes and red sparks". My favorite of the whole collection, this has a gorgeous warm glow about it. I used two coats, no top coat.



Shruikan is a "black based linear holo with color shifting flakes". This is another beautiful one, with the subtle, but very interesting flakes. I used two coats, no top coat.     



Jarnunvosk is a "soft gold nude colored holo filled with gold flakes and a gold shimmer". I was really crossing my fingers that this would look good on me because it's one of those borderline nudes that could be so good, or so bad. I love it on me! This is so unique, I don't have another gold or nude like it. This was two coats, no top coat.  



Firnen is a dark forest green tightly scattered holographic with green/gold color shifting flakes. This is a shade that I think any green lover would need to have. This was two coats, no top coat.  


Glaedr is a "bronze/copper based linear holo with added bronze flakes and holo orangle micro glitter". I really like this color as a whole, but I have never been a fan of the metallic or shimmer formula with micro glitter. The formula is great like all the others, it's just not personally my favorite. If you notice a weird line in on my middle finger, that's my poor job of a patch for a nail break that befell me. This was two coats, no top coat.  



Saphira is a "stormy blue based linear holo with blue flakes". This has a slightly mysterious look to it. Again, you can see that patch underneath the polish, sorry about that. This is two coats, no top coat.



July LE 2016

July LE (limited edition) 2016 Waterlily "has a holo base with a light purple color, violet sparks, lavender flakes, purple holo microglitter, gold flakes and microglitter". I really love the gold flakes in this one, although they look more of a silver-gold. Great formula. This was two coats, no top coat.   



Store Exclusive

First, Last & Always is a dark purple jelly base with multichrome flakes. *This is a store exclusive and can only be purchased through the Celestial Cosmetics website. I go a little gaga over these types of polishes and this is especially stunning! The first coats was slightly patchy but it built up nicely in three thin coats. Shown with top coat.



Each shade retails for $12 AUD and is available now on the Celestial Cosmetics Australian website. They are also available for $9.90 USD each on their international website.


Have any favorites here? If I only picked two, I would say Thorn and First, Last & Always are the must haves here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!