Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sunny's Body Products Princess Box Review


Hello ladies! Today I have a little bit of a different post for you. A couple months back I bought this twelve piece box set of nail and hand care products from Sunny's Body Products. Although this specific princess themed box is no longer available, I still wanted to share with you my favorite products that you can still purchase in a huge variety of different scents. 

I had bought Sunny's Fall box last year and really liked the products I received then. I was intrigued this time by the Disney princess theme, the scents inspired by them (what do princesses smell like?), and the fact that this box was a larger set so I could try new products. I'll tell you a little about each one including the particular scent and formula.


First up is Sunny's Lip Saver "Almost There". The Tiana inspired scent is described as "delicious warm beignets fresh out of the oven and sprinkled with powdered suger". I've never tried beignets before, but I do really like the baked goods kind of scent.  The lip saver was a new product for me, and I instantly became a fan. I am super picky about lip balm so I was surprised by how much I like it. It feels smooth and comforting, and keeps my lips moisturized for a long time.


Sunny's All Over Body Balm "Bring Honor To Us" is inspired by Mulan and has a light and fresh scent described as "white baby tea leaves harmonized for balanced reflective moods". It has a calming vibe and was one of my favorites! This balm is perfectly portable so I can attack my driest spots throughout the day. 


Sunny's Triple Thick Body Cream "You Want Thingamabobs" is inspired by Ariel and the scent is described as "cool and refreshing aquatic notes deepened with water lilies and ocean breezes". I wasn't especially drawn to this scent, but it truly does have a under the sea feel to it. The name says triple thick, but it still absorbs into the skin nicely, leaving a soft cushiony feel.


Sunny's Cuticle Oil "A Whole New World" is inspired by Jasmine and is my very favorite scent. I thought it might be too strong as it's described as "rich base of vanilla, musk and sandalwood well balanced by lively top notes of jasmine, lavender and orange". Ohhhhh myyyyyy, this smells so sexy! It's not overpowering though as I said, so you can go ahead and apply this one multiple times a day. I keep it in my purse so I can do just that. It rolls on with just the right amount and absorbs pretty quickly.


Sunny's On The Go Hand Lotion "Let It Go" is inspired by Elsa and there is no mistaking this fragrance is for her. The scent is described as "cool mints, camphor and bitter woods highlight a winter trek through the driven snow". At first the mint smells nice and refreshing, but then something else comes out a little too strong for me. I'm not really familiar with camphor or bitter woods, so I can say which it is. This is a nice light lotion for while you're on the go. I don't really use it at home though because I like something a little more thick.


Sunny's Sugar Hand Scrub "The Lost Princess" is inspired by Rapunzel and the scent is described as "humid nights in a damp, outdoor garden, fresh, brisk, mossy and grassy, with potted soil and terra-cotta stones and concrete statues". I love this product and go through it quite quickly because I use it on my dry feet and elbows too. I even like to use it on my legs before a shave. The scent here however is really too strong and manly for me to enjoy.


Sunny's Lip Scrub "Pink Dress, Blue Dress" is inspired by Aurora/Briar Rose and the scent is described as "sweet spun sugar surrounds soft barley". At first I didn't think I liked the scent, but once I used it on my lips not only did I like it, but it tastes so good too! No kidding, looking at this photo is making me salivate a little. It leaves behind a nice light layer of oil to moisturize the lips once rinsed off.


Sunny's Dry Spot Healer "Colors Of The Wind" is inspired by Pocahontas and the scent is described as "succulent fruits, berries, currants and tree ripened oranges accent this cool, moist mossy undertones of soil, fallen leaves and sagebrush". This is another new product to me that I quite like for its thickness. I'm telling you, I have so many dry spots it's not funny, so I need these kinds of products. The scent is pleasantly earthy and slightly sweet.


Sunny's Hand Butter "Glass Slippers" is inspired by Cinderella and is one product I was really looking forward to replenishing. The formula is thick and greasy, perfect for applying right before bed, which I do every night. The scent is described as "a clean, refreshing fragrance- floral jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation". At first I thought it smelled a little too clean, but after it's on the skin awhile it becomes more pleasant.


Sunny's Bath Whip "Wishing Well" is inspired by Snow White and the scent is describes as "dreamy, angelic composition opens with bright bergamot citrus then quickly trails to a mix of white florals, jasmine, iris and orris that sets on a delicate vanilla, sandalwood musk silver lining". I haven't gotten much use out of this product because it's not moisturizing like I prefer my bath soaps to be. The scent was a bit much for me too.


Sunny's Miracle "Balm Be Our Guest" is inspired by Belle and the scent is described as "a bed of roses surrounded by gardenias and plumerias". I think this one and Snow White's are the only two that I don't feel a real connection between the scents and the characters they're inspired by. Not necessarily a bad thing, just my observation. I do enjoy this scent even though I didn't expect to from the description. This is great for moisturizing my cuticles, as I must use all the things for my cuticles!


I saved my favorite for last! Sunny's Intensive Cuticle Therapy "Be Brave" is inspired by Merida and the scent is described as "refreshing combo of woods, pines and cool misty breezes".  This scent is so unique and I totally get the misty breeze in a bottle here, I love it. This cuticle oil is thicker than the roller ball, and is one I use every night before bed. You don't want to suction any up through the dropper or else it will be too much. I just lightly touch it to my fingers and it applies itself generously. I love this one so much I even ordered a second when Sunny announced she had extras.

As I mentioned up top these boxes are no longer available, but you can buy these same products in different scents from Sunny's Body Products website. The amount of scents to choose from is quite overwhelming and fortunately she's put together a "Greatest Hits" sampler box for those looking for the most popular ones.


If you made it through this entire post, which ones sound best suited to your preferences? I hope it gave you a good idea of the products so you can shop for them individually, or look out for Sunny's upcoming Summer box!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!