Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Colores de Carol 2016 Valentine Collection



Hello my dears! Today I have a collection that I have SO been looking forward to sharing with you! This is the Colores de Carol 2016 Valentine Collection, comprising of four polishses. At first glance it looked similar to last year's collection. Then you get a glimpse Single Lady, an unexpected sea foam green holo. The other outstanding difference to me is the inclusion of an oh-so-squishy pink creme/jelly. There's more, but I'll get to that in a moment.



Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). The collection is comprised of a few different formulas, so I'll be describing each one along with the application accompanying the photos.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


First up is Beso, a deep berry red linear holographic. I am a little disappointed in my photos as this shade looks a deeper berry in person, somehow the photos make it look brighter. It's a lovely romantic shade with a nice smooth formula. This was two coats, no top coat.



Single Lady is a light sea foam green linear holographic. I love the concept behind the name and how it sticks out from the others, as a singleton might do on Valentine's Day ;). The color is so soft and pretty, I find myself looking at it again and again. The formula was just slightly thicker in this one and was able to get full coverage in two coats. Shown without top coat.



Maneater is a deep bubblegum pink creme/jelly. This is a delicious, glossy, squishy Barbie color and again, I love the name. Seriously, I am in love with it. The first coat went on nice and smooth but the second coat was a little thick and didn't self-level completely. No worries though, the application of a top coat smoothed everything out.



Candy Kisses is a white creme/jelly base with a mix of pink and blue glitter, holographic red glitter, and heart shaped glitter. This polish is just so darn CUTE! My favorite part is the baby blue glitters. The holo glitters get a little hidden by the milky crelly, but occasionally peeks out for a little added bling. I used the glob and spread method for application and with two coats achieved the desired opacity. Shown with top coat.



Are you feeling these as much as I am? I especially dig Single Lady and Maneater. I feel like even those with an aversion to pink would appreciate the crelly formula. Each polish retails for $10- $10.50 and are available now at Coloes de Carol online store. Connect with Colores de Carol to keep up-to-date on deals and future releases.

Colores de Carol


Keep tuned for upcoming nail art featuring some of these polishes!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!