Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Far From The Winter Blahs


Now that it's January and the holiday season is over, it's time for the mundane. Weeks and weeks of endless ennui. That's a typical winter for me anyway. But this mani with its gorgeous gray polish and detailed pattern suddenly brightens my days and lifts my spirits. Gray skies may depress me, but this Dance Legend Grey Britain does anything but. 

When I saw Very Emily's Dance Legend Smoky collection swatches, I fell in love. I knew I had to have Grey Britain! I hope it won't be too long until I get my hands on at least two more of the collection of six. The Smoky collection is special because of the tiny darkened speckles amid its creme finish. In this shade it gives it a velvety appearance. The first coat applied a little watery, but by the second coat it was even and opaque.

I had a major blonde moment yesterday when I went gung-ho on deleting photos from my camera. I was trying to narrow down the photos for the post before I had saved them to my computer! With the sluggishness of my computer somehow I ended up deleting two that I wanted to use but there was no way to restore them. I don't know where my mind was, but oh well, this is what I ended up with.


What I used:
Dance Legend Grey Britain
Konad Special Polish white
MoYou London Festive 04 plate

I am in love with this mani and could wear it all winter long! What do you do to cheer yourself up during these long, dull months? Or are you one of those weirdos who actually enjoy winter?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!