Monday, September 29, 2014

31DC2014 Day 29: Swirling Vortex of Boomstick


Inspired by the Supernatural has got to be the toughest prompt of the Challenge for me. I just don't feel that inspired by it. Good thing I ended up with something awesome anyway! While brainstorming ideas, the image of an eerie, ominous, vortex came to mind. You know, the kind that you see in movies that sucks you inside and spits you out through some different portal in another time and place. Well it reminded me especially of the vortexes in the game Fistful of Boomstick, a video game based on the Evil Dead movies (more on this in a sec). Then it all came together that this swirling vortex of doom would have the perfect title of Swirling Vortex of Boomstick.


It's funny because if you know me, you know I rarely play video games. Reason one is that I'm generally terrible at them. Reason two, well you can refer back to reason one. I don't even like the Evil Dead movies and would have nothing to do with them if it weren't for my husband. Years ago when we both had an excess of time to play video games, he bought Fistful of Boomstick. He convinced me to try it and I quickly became sucked (see that?) in. I was actually decent at it! Although I did require my husband's help to vanquish the big bosses at the end of each level. I tried getting into the sequel game, but it never interested me like the first one did.



What I used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls- off-white
OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Okay Fine!- dark gray

Would you like to know your fortune? check out last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by the Supernatural post.


Any Evil Dead fans out there? I wish I could say I shared that interest with my husband, but if he's watching the movies I'll just leave the room. The only deadite movie that I like is Shaun of the Dead, because it's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!