Wednesday, July 9, 2014

OMD2 Challenge- Day 9 Jelly


I was really looking forward to today's Challenge prompt! I just recently laid hands on the entire Sally Hansen Triple Shine Palm Beach Jellies collection. I kid you not, over the last couple of months I have searched for them in over a dozen stores. I finally found all but one at a Smith's grocery store (one I had previously searched). Then at Target yesterday I found they finally had a big display of them!

The biggest reason I've wanted them is so that I could try out the leadlight technique, applying them over a stamped pattern. Of course I could always make my own sheer polishes by just adding clear polish to a regular one and mixing them. But I didn't really want to go through that extra work. Plus I don't have any polishes quite this sheer, so naturally I needed them in my collection!



The one thing I have to complain about is that this collection is in desperate need of a yellow. The orange, Vitamin D-Light, is very pink leaning. And that is in addition to the "red" and pink shades. It's basically like there are three pink shades out of the six.  I haven't tried the OPI Sheer Tints, which are also sheer jellies, so I can't compare. I have heard the the OPIs are super thick and bubble like crazy. I only slightly had that issue with these. I also think these are a little more sheer than the OPIs. I did two coats of each color.
So to round out my colors, I think I will have to pick up OPI's "orange" Sheer Tint, I'm Never Amberrassed, which is really more of a yellow.


It took five tries to stamp my thumb. It's so annoying how big my thumb nail is. I almost just gave up, but decided to give it one more try. And yep, even with "XL" stamping plates, there were blank spaces on my nail. So I just stamped the pattern again and filled them in as best as I could.


What I used:
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Water Melon
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Grape Jelly
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Ice Tint
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Vitamin D-Light
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Sea Through
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Konad Special Polish Black
Cici and Sisi stamping plate 03
DRK-A Large stamping plate

Do you have any of the Palm Beach Jellies or OPI Sheer Tints? Or possibly some other brand? I'd love to hear how you feel about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!