Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wild Zebra Hearts Can't Be Broken


Remember my last post when I said that I was ready for bright, bold, and crazy nails? Well this is what I was talking about! I have been sucked into the 80's flashback current, and I'm just going with it. Bright colors make me happy, and wearing this mani was a blast!



Have you watched the movie Wild Heart Can't Be Broken as many times as I have? That would be about a bajillion times. I was sooo in love with Al. Yep, huge crush. Also, when I was young I always had short hair, so one of my favorite parts was when Sonora butchered her hair. Then she had to walk to school with a paper bag over her head. Haha! Ah, so many good scenes. I still cry every single time I watch that movie.



So I was thinking of making a tutorial for this mani. What do you think? They were pretty straightforward. I started with a different base color on each nail. Then with a brush I painted on black hearts. With a thin brush I added the zebra stripes. Then with my It's So Easy Stripe Rite I outlined the hearts in white.
I did get a little smearing when I added the topcoat, but that was minimal. I was really pleased with the end result. They were just what I had in mind. These would be so perfect on a little girls nails!



What I used:
Sephora by OPI I'm Wired- coral
Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma- green
Essie DJ Play That Song- purple
Jenna Hipp Tweet Me- yellow
Sephora by OPI Seeing Elephants- pink
Wet n' Wild Fast Dry Ebony Hates Chris- black
It's So Easy Stripe Rite- white
Seche Vite top coat


Aren't these so fun? Would you like to see a tutorial? Yea or neigh? See what I did there.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!