Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Formula X for Sephora Beacon and Magma Swatches and Review

I'm so excited to share with you two more Formula X for Sephora polishes, because they're gorgeous! My Formula X stash so far has consisted of polishes from their X-plosive Topcoats, Shifters, and New Classics collections. These new additions are from their Liquid Crystals collection, which is amazing! Sephora's describes the Liquid Crystals as, "A brilliant, light-reflecting nail lacquer made from crushed micro-crystalline and pigmented mica that captivates the eye with vivid color." I would also add that the finish is a combination of dense glass fleck and foil, with some having a subtle duochrome flash of color.

Both of these polishes have great pigmentation and applied smoothly and evenly. The Formula X bottles are topped with a bulky outer cap, but when removed it shows the smaller, easy-to-handle cap. The brushes are thin and flexible, and capture a balanced amount of polish on them for application.

Magma is a stunning, very wearable orange shade with brilliant gold flecks. It is so glow-y and fiery, I think Magma was the perfect name for this shade. I used two coats, plus top coat.
Direct sunlight
Artificial lighting
Artificial lighting

Beacon is a rich, shimmering, royal blue with a slight duochrome shift of violet color. This polish has so much depth, and is such a flattering shade. It's an eye-catcher for sure. I used two coats, plus top coat.
Direct sunlight
Artificial lighting
Here you can see the duochrome flash of violet.
Artificial lighting
An outdoor photo, out of focus, to show the duochrome shift.
Outdoors, shade

These are available at Sephora, in store and online. They are a little more pricey at $12.50, but fortunately I had my Sephora VIB 15% off coupon. It was hard to narrow my purchase down to just two, I want all the Liquid Crystals! I know I got two special winners, but the whole collection is so beautiful. Next on my wish list is Solar Flare.
Do you own any from the collection? Do you plan on picking up any?

Did you like this post? Follow me on facebook, twitter, bloglovin', pinterest, google+, and google friend connect so you don't miss out on future posts! Thanks for reading!




7 comments:

  1. Ah, I've only used Beacon in a gradient, not a full mani, and since your swatches make it look absolutely gorgeous, I need to remedy that soon! Seriously, that second-to-last photo- *swoon.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you post that gradient? I don't remember seeing it. I'm trying to figure out how I want to use it in nail art.

      Delete
  2. Prismatic and Borealis also look really cool!!!
    I love the Beacon. It would look perfect on my toes for a summer pedi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about these colors. Both are amazing, and look even more amazing on your pretty nails, and with your wonderful photography. I want them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic colors. And thank you! I'm so glad I got some good photos to capture them well.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! And your nails really are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!