Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blue Zebra and Leopard Animal Print



I had a day at the zoo and wanted to my manicure to blend in, so I have a zebra and leopard design for you. Lately I have been in a very "blue" mood. You know, blue as in the color, not in a sad way. Yesterday I bought a blue shirt, skirt, and even blue eye shadow. Blue is my favorite color, but I think because I've been trying to embrace other colors, I went into withdrawal or something.



To create the manicure I first applied two coats of OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam, one of my very favoritist polishes. Then I painted on the zebra stripes with my long striping brush. Next I added some small bright blue blobs. Then used my dotting tool to finish the leopard pattern. Lastly I finished with some top coat. Darn top coat made my stripes smear. Curses.




What I used:
OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam- base color
Zoya Sailor- navy
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue-Away- bright blue
Seche Vite top coat

I just received my Seche Restore in the mail today (I don't know where to get it locally, they didn't have any at Sally Beauty)! My Seche Vite bottle always gets thick after just a few weeks of use. The Seche Restore is supposed to add the ingredients that have evaporated from the bottle back in and return it to its original state. I bought mine from Amazon. I'm going to try it out tonight. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed by your skills every time you use the striping brush. It always looks so darn perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If only I could keep it from ever smearing again.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!