Saturday, October 19, 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 12: A Pattern in Your Home

For today's mani I emulated probably the one and only good design in my home. It comes from my Nautica comforter that I have loved since the moment I saw it. The design is simple. It's just colored stripes of varying widths down the middle, with the sides being solid almost-black-blue. It's so colorful, and yet it's not overpowering.



I love bright colors! They make me happy.


I was so pleased how well I matched most of these colors. A few of my polishes were really spot on. For the others I had to mix polishes together. The one polish here that is off is my navy one. It should be a lot darker, but I decided to just keep that one as it.


I started with the navy on my pinky and applied it straight from the bottle. I did the same with the nude next to it. After that I used my long striping brush to apply all the rest of the colors, moving in the same direction towards my thumb. Many of the colors only need on coat which was fortunate. It's a bit of a challenge mixing together colors a second time for another coat, trying to get it the same.

I mixed the polishes together on a paper plate that I've used for a couple other manicures. Apparently the plate was messier than I thought because I ended up with some debris in the polish. Oops. But if you squint you can't even see it!



What I used:
I mixed a few of the colors, so I won't list those. The polishes that are unadulterated are:
OPI Dating a Royal- navy blue
Barry M Lychee- nude
Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams- baby blue
Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma- lime green
Sephora by OPI Too Too Turq- turquoise
Seche Vite top coat


Now I just need to work on making the rest of my home this pretty. It is far from it. Maybe I should buy less polish and save for a couch?

1 comment:

  1. great job! Love the fatter stripes and the color placement is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!