Tuesday, October 8, 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 07: Art With Your Oldest Untried

For those of you who don't hoard nail polish as though the apocalypses is nigh, an untried is a polish that has been acquired, but has yet to be worn. It sits prettily, collecting dust until it is lucky enough to be chosen from the endless stash. Before starting this blog, my collection was kept to a "reasonable" amount. In the last three months, well, let's just say it has "grown". So my oldest untrieds have only been waiting for that long. This mani actually features three of them!


I don't know how much this falls under the "art" category. This is another example of being so subtle, ..what was the point? But I liked the idea of this color combo, and I think it's gorgeous, so I'm not too concerned!
So here is a very subtle, shimmery, "waterfall" manicure a la The Nailasaurus.



I started with two coats of Sephora by OPI Metro Too Chic. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to use it because it is gorgeous! It's in the same family of another favorite of mine, OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know (shown here). It has a brown base, but the rose shimmer gives it a soft purpley cast. I knew I would love it, I was just waiting for the right showcase I suppose.
With a long striping brush, I layered three different polishes on top of the base. I started from the cuticle, stopping about midway down the nail, but all at slightly different lengths.



This is so perfect for Autumn!



What I used:
Sephora by OPI Metro Too Chic- brown with rose micro shimmer
Sephora by OPI Wild About Shimmer- gold shimmer (the only one I've previously worn)
Sephora by OPI Is She For Reel?- gray with silver and gold shimmer
Sephora by OPI Nifty Shades of Grey- purple and green duochrome
Seche Vite top coat

I love how wearable this is! It's not crazy, flashy, in-your-face nail art. As much as I have quickly come to love the slightly crazy manicures, this is something I could wear everyday. What do you think? Too subtle, or the perfect amount?

1 comment:

I love to hear your comments!