Tuesday, September 10, 2013

31DC2013 Day 10: Gradient Nails

It was not my intention to do gradients three days in a row! But now that today is gradient nails, I'm still excited for them, because it is one of my favorite looks. Well, I was excited for them until I took my photos and saw how invisible my base gradient became.
I know I shouldn't be so frustrated, but I still am. I've been debating since I finished them if I should just start over, but I'm really out of time. It's my own fault that I chose something so subtle and hoped that it would be at all noticeable. Sorry to be all Debbie Downer on you, I just got in a funk about it. I actually think it looks really pretty, it just doesn't look as "gradient" for today as I think it should. I need to get over myself.

So let's be super excited about this mani!



Today felt very Autumn-like with the cooler temperatures. It felt so good to finally be under 90 degrees! With the combination of that and wearing a couple different costumes last weekend, I am in the mood for fall! August through the end of October is what my husband and I call "Halloween Month", because there's nothing fun to celebrate until then.
So I busted out the stamping plate with the leaf design and chose some appropriate seasonal colors. 


There are two gradients going on here. The first one is  nude to cream, from cuticle to tip. You'll have to believe me it is there because it's so hard to see on the screen. Then I did a little more obvious gradient with the leaves. On my ring finger I made the pattern different again hoping it would stand out more, and not just look misplaced.. I'm just too subtle for me own good.

From far away the gradient underneath becomes a little more visible.




What I used:

(for the base gradient)
Sephora by OPI Pale is the New Tan
Barry M Lychee
Sephora by OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff

(for the leaves)
OPI I'm Fondue of YOU
Ulta Roaring to Go
Sephora by OPI I Think I Cayenne
DRK-A Large Stamping Plate

Who else is ready for cups of hot chocolate and warm fuzzy socks?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, don't be to hard on yourself. You know you've done a good job when my husband, upon looking at your photos, said "Those nails are kinda cool." :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!